Select if you are a returning or first-time user.
When was the last time you logged in?
On April 7, 2020, MERS added an extra layer of security to protect you by making it more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your account. If you have NOT logged in since April 7, 2020 when two-factor authentication was implemented, you will need to re-create your account. Click “Two-Factor Authentication” to learn more about our secure log in process.
- Participants may click “Create myMERS Account” to get started.
- Employers may call MERS at 800.767.6377 for assistance setting up their account.
Have you cleared your cache history recently?
When you browse through the internet, your browser saves content and data in temporary storage to provide you with a faster experience. This temporary storage is called “cache.” Sometimes it gets overloaded and needs to be cleared. Click “to learn how to delete the browser cache in various browser types.
Did you forget your password?
If you do not remember your password, click “Forgot Password”, enter your username, and send verification code. Please wait for the verification code to arrive in your email. Resending a code will send a new code number making the first code sent invalid.
Is a verification code needed to log in?
In order to log in, you may need to verify your identity by receiving a text message or phone call with your verification code. When answering the phone call, please speak so the system will start your verification message.
- If you have more than one phone number on file with MERS, you may need to select the correct phone number from the drop down.
- If you do not have access to the phone number listed or need to update your phone number, please contact MERS at 800.767.6377.
MyMERS Account Access (Participant)
- Click “Create myMERS Account” to get started.
- Enter your information to verify yourself and set up your account.
- Hire Date: If you do not know your hire month and year, please reach out to your employer’s Human Resources department or contact MERS at 800.767.6377.
- Phone Number: This number will be used to verify your identity at login. Please use a mobile phone or direct line that you have immediate access to.
- Email Address: This email will be used for password resets. It’s recommended to use a personal email that you have immediate access to.
- Click the green “Create Account” button. You will be prompted to:
- Log in using your new username and password.
- Receive a verification code via text or phone call.
Employer Portal Access (Employer)
- Click the green “Log In” button.
- Use the password that was emailed to you.
- You will be prompted to change your password upon setting up your account.
- You will also be prompted to enter your phone number (mobile phone or direct line) and your email address.
- When you log in moving forward, you will enter the Username and Password you created. You may be prompted to verify your identity through two-factor authentication. Click “Two-Factor Authentication” to learn more about our secure login process.
Secure Login Process
Two-Factor Authentication – Providing a Secure Online Experience
The Employer Portal and myMERS require two-factor authentication, where a code is sent via text or phone call to verify your identity. This extra layer of security protects you by making it more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your account.
Verification codes will be sent from our recordkeeper, Alerus, through these methods:
- Your phone number (mobile or direct line) will be used to verify your identity at log in by sending a code through a text or a phone call.
- Your email (preferably a personal email) will be used to reset your password by sending a code to your email address on file.
Updated Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions have been updated to reflect the new two-factor authentication login process (launched in April 2020) and the new Financial Fitness tool (will launch later this year). Email addresses will be used for password resets and communication purposes. Phone numbers will be used to verify your identity at login via text message or phone call. Message and data rates may apply for verification codes sent via text. View the updated Terms and Conditions.