As your municipality’s Human Resources Contact, you are the main point of contact for all employee relations and education needs related to your MERS benefits.
This can include:
- Scheduling onsite education for your employees
- Onboarding new hires
- Assisting employees with life events such as marriage, death or divorce and how it will affect their MERS benefit(s)
- Providing employees with benefit information as they transition out of employment at your municipality
- Working with MERS to provide financial wellness education and resources to employees
- Answering questions from MERS staff on your employees’ records
Note: While only one person per municipality can be listed as the Human Resources Contact, your municipality may have an unlimited number of General Contacts, each with customized communication preferences and system access permissions.
This page provides you with important resources and information that will help you navigate your role.
Your MERS Team
As the Human Resources (HR) contact, you have a team of MERS staff available to assist you with all of your retirement plan needs.
Your MERS Benefits
Do you know what MERS plan(s) your municipality is enrolled in? You can check by logging in to the Employer Portal or contacting your Benefit Plan Coordinator.
Need help logging in to myMERS or the Employer Portal?