Product: Defined Benefit, Hybrid, Defined Contribution, 457 Program, IRA
Contacts: All retirees with a MERS Defined Benefit or Hybrid Plan and all terminated/inactive participants aged 60+ with a participant directed account including MERS Defined Contribution Plan, 457 Program and IRA
Date Sent: 1/8/2021
Format: Email and Print Mail
Description: The January 2021 edition of the Retiree News was sent to about 40,000 recipients.
- An electronic newsletter was sent via email on 1/8 to approximately 17,662 recipients with a valid email address on file
- A printed newsletter will be mailed on 1/15 to the remaining 22,000± recipients
Retirees will receive the newsletter either via email or regular mail, but not both.
There are three versions of the Retiree News, each version with a distinct audience:
- Retirees with just a DB – Click to read Retiree News (DB only version)
- Retirees with DB and a PDA product – Click to read Retiree News (DB & PDA version)
- Terminated/inactive participants aged 60+ with just a PDA product – Click to read Retiree News (PDA only version)