First time account users:
MyMERS Account Access
- Click the green "Login" button on mersofmich.com.
- First time users click “Create myMERS Account”
- Enter the following information:
Click the green “Create Account” button When you login moving forward, you will enter the Username and Password you created, and may be prompted to verify your identity through two-factor authentication (2FA) upon login.
- First & Last Name
- Date of Hire (Month & Year) – Unsure? Ask your HR representative.
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Email Address (preferably a personal email; not a work email)
Employer Portal Access
- Click the green Login button
- If this is the first time accessing your enhanced account, use the password that was emailed to you.
- You will then be prompted to change your password. If you do not have your password, contact MERS at 800.767.MERS (6377).
- You will also be promoted to enter your phone number (direct line or cell) and your email address.
- When you login moving forward, you will enter the Username and Password you created, and may be prompted to verify your identity through two-factor authentication (2FA) upon login.
If you have difficulty, please contact MERS Service Center for assistance at 800-767-MERS (6377).
Secure Login Process
Two-Factor Authentication – Providing a Secure Online Experience
The Employer Portal and myMERS require two-factor authentication, where a code is sent via text or phone call to verify your identity. This extra layer of security protects you by making it more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your account.
You will only need to confirm your existing login one time. During this initial set up process, you will be prompted to enter and confirm your phone number (used to receive a text or phone call when logging in to your account) and email (used when resetting your password). Texts, calls and emails regarding the log in process will come from our recordkeeper, Alerus.
If you do NOT know your current username and/or password:
- Participants: will need to re-create your account with a new username and password upon initial set up process.
- Employers: call our Service Center at 800-767-6377.
Updated Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions have been updated to reflect the new two-factor authentication login process. Email addresses will be used for password resets and communication purposes. Phone numbers will be used to verify your identity at login via text message or phone call. Message and data rates may apply for verification codes sent via text. View the updated Terms and Conditions.