First time account users:
MyMERS Account Access
- Click the green "Login" button on mersofmich.com.
- First time users
- Enter your User ID (this will be your Social Security Number) and click Enter
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter a 4 digit PIN. Skip that step and click the green HERE link at the bottom of the page to self-register.
- Enter your birth year, month and day and the year you were hired at the municipality you were most recently employed with (4 digits) before selecting Next.
(Spouses – if you opened a MERS IRA in your own name, your hire date is the year you opened your account)
- You will then be prompted to create a new User ID and password.
- Select and answer the security questions, then click the Continue button.
When you login moving forward, you will enter the User ID and Password you created, and may on occasion answer a security question upon login.
Employer Portal Access
- Click the green Login button
- If this is the first time accessing your enhanced account, use the password that was emailed to you. You will then be prompted to change your password. If you do not have your password, contact MERS at 800.767.MERS (6377).
- Select and answer the security questions, click the continue button. In the future, when prompted, you will enter your User ID, password, and occasionally answer a security question to login.
Secure Login Process - Coming Soon
Two-Factor Authentication – Providing a Secure Online Experience
The Employer Portal and myMERS will require two-factor authentication, where a code is sent via text or phone call to verify your identity. This extra layer of security will protect you by making it more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your account.
You will only need to confirm your existing login one time. During this initial set up process, you will be prompted to enter and confirm your phone number (used to receive a text or phone call when logging in to your account) and email (used when resetting your password). Texts, calls and emails regarding the log in process will come from our recordkeeper, Alerus.
If you do NOT know your current username and/or password:
- Participants: will need to re-create your account with a new username and password upon initial set up process.
- Employers: call our Service Center at 800-767-6377.
Create myMERS Account
If you are a participant and have not set up your myMERS account, you will need to create an account. To do so, you will need to enter the following information:
- First & Last Name
- Date of Hire (Month & Year) – Unsure? Ask your HR representative.
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Email Address
If you have difficulty, please contact MERS Service Center for assistance at 800-767-MERS (6377).
Updated Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions will be updated to reflect the new two-factor authentication login process. Email addresses will be used for password resets and communication purposes. Phone numbers will be used to verify your identity at login via text message or phone call. Message and data rates may apply for verification codes sent via text. View the updated Terms and Conditions.