First time account users:
MyMERS Account Access
- Click the green "Login" button on mersofmich.com.
- First time users
- Enter your User ID (this will be your Social Security Number) and click Enter
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter a 4 digit PIN. Skip that step and click the green HERE link at the bottom of the page to self-register.
- Enter your birth year, month and day and the year you were hired at the municipality you were most recently employed with (4 digits) before selecting Next.
(Spouses – if you opened a MERS IRA in your own name, your hire date is the year you opened your account)
- You will then be prompted to create a new User ID and password.
- Select and answer the security questions, then click the Continue button.
When you login moving forward, you will enter the User ID and Password you created, and may on occasion answer a security question upon login.
Employer Portal Access
- Click the green Login button
- If this is the first time accessing your enhanced account, use the password that was emailed to you. You will then be prompted to change your password. If you do not have your password, contact MERS at 800.767.MERS (6377).
- Select and answer the security questions, click the continue button. In the future, when prompted, you will enter your User ID, password, and occasionally answer a security question to login.
If you are having difficulty, please contact MERS Service Center for assistance at 800-767-MERS.