To get started as a first time user:
- Click the green "Login" button on mersofmich.com.
- Enter your User ID and click "Enter".
(For first time users, your User ID will be your Social Security Number.)
- If you received a personal identification number (PIN) in the mail you can enter it here and click "Enter". Otherwise, click on "Here" which is located at the bottom of the page within the sentence, "If you do not have a PIN, or have forgotten your, click "Here" for self-registration.
- Enter your birth year (4 digits), then select your birth month from the drop down and enter your birth date, and hire year (4 digits) before selecting "Next".
(Hire year is the year you hired at the MERS municipality you were most recently employed with.)
- You will then be prompted to create a new User ID and password.
- Select and answer the security questions, then click the "Continue" button. In the future when prompted, you will enter the User ID and Password you created, and may on occasion answer a security question upon login.
- Click the green Login button
- If this is the first time accessing your enhanced account, use the password that was emailed to you. You will then be prompted to change your password. If you do not have your password, contact MERS at 800.767.MERS (6377).
- Select and answer the security questions, click the continue button. In the future, when prompted, you will enter your User ID, password, and occasionally answer a security question to login.
If you are having difficulty, please contact MERS Service Center for assistance at 800-767-MERS.