The registration cost includes all scheduled meeting events and scheduled meals. All individuals (including spouses) who plan to attend sessions must complete a registration form and pay the full registration cost. Individual meal tickets are available for purchase for guests who do not plan to attend any sessions.
Ends August 16
(Note: The cost does not include hotel accommodations. See below for hotel information.)
August 17 - September 20
October 3 or 4
*Member refers to Employer / Employee Delegates and non-voting attendees (including spouses who are attending meals AND educational sessions)
**Associate Attendee is defined as someone employed by a trade association or vendor organization
You may purchase meal tickets for a guest when you register online or at the MERS registration desk at the Grand Traverse Resort during registration hours.
(Note: Only purchase meal tickets for those guests who do not plan to attend any general or breakout sessions.)
Cost per meal:
- $30 if purchased online ($35 if purchased on-site)
- Thursday Reception/Dinner
- $60 if purchased online ($65 if purchased on-site)
Note for Delegates
Prior to registering for the conference, please complete the delegate form and save it to your computer. During the online registration process, you will be asked to attach the form to your registration. This will ensure timely and accurate delivery. Please do not submit a delegate form if you do not plan to attend annual conference or have not been elected/appointed by your municipality to attend as a delegate.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations must be received by Friday, September 20 in order to receive a refund for conference registration or guest meal fees. You may cancel by using the link that was providing in the confirmation email you received when you registered, or email your request to email@example.com. Check refunds will be issued after Annual Conference. Refunds will not be issued for conference no-shows or cancellations made after September 20.
Please make your hotel reservation when registering for the conference to ensure availability.
The Grand Traverse Resort has reserved a block of rooms for MERS Annual Conference attendees. Rates are:
|Guestroom Type & Rate||Reservations|
Call the Grand Traverse Resort at (800) 968-7352
Rates are guaranteed until Monday, September 2, 2019. Rooms do fill up fast!
MGFOA Note: If you are attending both the MGFOA Fall Institute and MERS Retirement Conference, please let the reservation specialist know when you call to book your hotel room, and be sure to book the same type for both events. The resort will make every effort to keep you in the same room for the duration of your stay.
$194 per night
One Bedroom Condominium
|Two Bedroom Condominium
$251 per night
|Three Bedroom Condominium
$306 per night
* Plus tax and applicable fees
Tax Exempt Governmental Entities:
In order to exercise tax exempt status, please bring the following at the time of hotel check-in:
- A form from the Internal Revenue Service/Dept. of Treasury stating your exemption status. It must fall under Section 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 in order to qualify for exemption from Michigan Sales and Use Tax.
- If paying by CHECK, the check must be drawn on the Tax Exempt Group/ Organization's Funds. A 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 form must accompany the check.
- If paying by CREDIT CARD (such as municipality credit card), you must use the organization's credit card along with a 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 form accompanied with the credit card. Tax exempt status applies only to Michigan State Sales Tax and not to other city, visitor bureau, or hotel taxes.
- Each individual must settle their outstanding balance with the hotel before a tax exemption may be posted.
The hotel will be happy to assist you with any special needs. Please identify any special needs you might have at the time you make reservations.
Make all changes and cancellations directly with the hotel. Check with the hotel regarding their cancellation policy.