Search. You can search for specific words, series of words, or part of a word in active Adobe PDF documents.
- Open the document.
- On the toolbar, click the Search tool (binoculars), hit the Control & F keys simultaneously, or choose Edit > Search from the pull-down menu.
- Type the word, words, or part of a word that you want to search for.
- Select specific criteria to apply to your search (i.e., whole words, case-sensitive, search in bookmarks, search in comments)
- Click Search. The results will appear in page order showing a few words of the context in which the search appears.
- Click on an item from the search results list (this takes you to the instances in the document that the item appears).
- Continue clicking items in the results list, or choose Edit > Search Results > Next Result to see the next occurrence in the document. You can also use the back arrow and next arrow buttons to move forward and backward through search panes.
1 Listed annually.
2 Beginning with MERS' independence on August 15, 1996.