Medical trust that offsets retiree health care costs
The MERS Retiree Health Funding Vehicle offers you a simple solution to a complex problem: how to establish a qualified medical trust with cost-effective diversified investments. The Retiree Health Funding Vehicle helps employers set aside assets for funding their Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) liability, while benefitting from investing in MERS investment options.
By selecting the MERS Retiree Health Funding Vehicle, you are receiving all the benefits of a trust, including cost savings, time and effort because we do the work for you! Assets held in trust are legally protected from creditors and may only be used for OPEB. By joining the funding vehicle, you are joining a Section 115 Governmental Integral Part Trust.
Features & Benefits
- You determine the contribution frequency and amount to the trust
- The trust has been approved by a Private Letter Ruling from the IRS
- You benefit from the strength of our large membership,with cost-effective diversified portfolios
- Earnings on assets will reduce your long-term contributions and unfunded liability
- Funding may prevent your net OPEB obligation from becoming a significant liability on your balance sheet
- Funding can contribute to a positive credit rating