As your municipality's Reporting Contact, you have access to report financial and employee information to MERS through the Employer Portal.
Your responsibilities in this role may include:
- Reporting employee hire and termination dates
- Reporting employee wages and contribution
- Updating employee and beneficiary information as changes occur
- Submitting and retrieving files
- Receive invoices and submit payments
- Report hours worked by employees
- Receiving benefit information such as financial reports, news alerts and quarterly statements and disseminating this information with others in your municipality
Resources for Your Role
- Wage, Contribution & Reporting Information
(DB, DC, DC+, Hybrid, HCSP, 457)
- Contribution Limits and Reporting Data
(DB, DC, HCSP, 457, IRA)
- Employer Portal DB User Guide
- ePayment User Guide
- MERS Reporting Enhancements Overview
(DC, DC+, Hybrid, HCSP, 457)
- Discrepancy Code Guide
Other Helpful Information
Your MERS Team
As a Reporting Contact, you have a team of MERS staff available to assist you with all of your retirement plan needs.
MERS Regional Team Resources
| || |
Benefit Plan Coordinator
Your Benefit Plan Coordinator is your resource for:
Your Benefit Plan Coordinator's contact information can be found here.
- Plan questions and information while providing
- Administration and coordination of all internal service activities
- Plan change requests
- Annual actuarial valuation questions
- Contact type updates
| || |
MERS Service Center
The Service Center is available weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. to assist you with any questions you have. Contact information for the Service Center can be found here.
Your MERS Benefits
Do you know what MERS plan(s) your municipality is enrolled in? You can check by logging in to the Employer Portal or contacting your Benefit Plan Coordinator.