As your municipality's Finance contact, you are the main point of contact for all financial information related to your MERS benefits.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Receiving benefit information such as annual actuarial valuations, financial reports, news alerts, quarterly statements and invoices and disseminating this information with others in your municipality
- Understanding reports available to you from MERS
- Understanding the process to provide MERS payment for the benefits you offer
Important Topics for Your Role
Other Helpful Information
Your MERS Team
As a Finance Contact, you have a team of MERS staff available to assist you with all of your retirement plan needs.
MERS Regional Team Resources
| || |
Your Regional Manager is the primary point of contact for providing consultation regarding:
Your Regional Manager's contact information can be found here.
- Plan administration
- Plan and benefit changes
- Needs analysis
- Collective bargaining assistance
- Board, union and key stakeholder relations
| || |
Benefit Plan Coordinator
Your Benefit Plan Coordinator is your resource for:
Your Benefit Plan Coordinator's contact information can be found here.
- Plan questions and information while providing
- Administration and coordination of all internal service activities
- Plan change requests
- Annual actuarial valuation questions
- Contact type updates
| || |
MERS Service Center
The Service Center is available weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. to assist you with any questions you have. Contact information for the Service Center can be found here.
Your MERS Benefits
Do you know what MERS plan(s) your municipality is enrolled in? You can check by logging in to the Employer Portal or contacting your Benefit Plan Coordinator.